I am going to have to start this with a little bit of a backstory…Frankie and I go to Target frequently (probably an understatement) while Liam is at school and it is too cold to go outside for our fun. It gives me a chance to do my grocery shopping and I try to make it fun for Frankie too. Along the way we met Alex, he is the Visual Merchandising Leader at Target and Frankie quickly adopted him as her best friend…then came Joni who is the an Executive Team Lead there and she quickly adopted us too! Thus starting a Target addiction that will not soon be cured!
This year Alex started giving Frankie a sticker name tag every time we came in and it quickly turned into “Frankie needs her own REAL name tag” so it wasn’t long before one was ordered and she started wearing it into the store every time we went. When we go to Target and see Joni or Alex they always get their “walkie” out so Frankie can call and find the location of the other one. Needless to say EVERY Target employee now knows Frankie by name…she is the little girl they hear on their walkies and the only little girl who has been designated “cutest team member!”
About a week ago Frankie and I saw Joni and Frankie called Alex on the walkie, Alex found us, but this time he came with a large gift bag and a card that screamed “Frankie,” check out the photos below:
As if that wasn’t enough, the bag contained Frankie’s very first Target uniform! So, what does this docu photographer do? Yep, you guessed it…I documented Frankie’s first day of work yesterday and I have a whole list of things I had no idea were required of Target employees:
- A Starbuck’s “coffee” is the only way to start a shift off right
- “Walkies” require quite a bit of training on your first day
- Cart testing is perfect for the littlest of employees
- A call to Santa to give your Christmas wish list is a normal everyday occurrence this time of year
- You must kiss and love on all of the lonely stuffed animals without a kid to call their own
- You are supposed to try every loose pillow to make sure they are customer ready before returning it back to the shelf
- The only way to ensure that the floors are clean is to lay down on your belly and test them for yourself
- You only have to count all of the “shiny” (Frankie’s current favorite color) nail polish for inventory
- When things get a little boring, hide-and-go-seek in the dressing room is a must
- Most importantly…HAVE FUN!!!
I bet you didn’t know either, did you? I am pretty sure though that we all want a job at Target now…and I am also pretty sure that this little girl is the luckiest girl around to have a Target to call her own and she has been blessed with the bestest of friends a girl could ask for!